Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Write 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself




I made another visit to Paula's Place and she is in Day 6 of a blog fest - each day she covers a different topic and each one is entirely different.  Today's assignment was to write 30 interesting facts about yourself.

I am game!  Here goes ...

  1. When I was younger I wanted to be an actress.  
  2. I had the female lead in my high school play.
  3. I didn't know what I wanted to do after college - so I chose teaching. 
  4. I was a fair teacher of children by my standards. Great teachers are not made from people who wanted to be actresses.
  5. If I had the chance in another life to choose a profession, I would teach college level students or be an actress (or a Cow Boy or an Indian Chief.)
  6. I always wanted to be a mother.  Thank God I got to do that.
  7. I have a talent for leadership - I always wound up being in charge.
  8. I hate being in charge.
  9. I have an undeveloped talent for Art - I hope God isn't too unhappy that I ignored that gift.
  10. My favorite TV show is Dancing With the Stars.
  11. I like a clean and orderly house.
  12. I hate to clean.
  13. I never had the chance to live on my own. Left my parents' house to get married.
  14. I have no tolerance for ditherers.  Make a decision, move forward.  If it is wrong,  make another decision.  It is not rocket-science!
  15. I am bad at forgiveness and I never forget.  Some hurts cut too deep.
  16. Crap, this is becoming less fun and more like work!!  Just like most everything I have done in my life!
  17. I am an evening snacker.  I sleep better with a small snack right before bed.
  18. I have a weakness for animals, children and the elderly. 
  19. I have been married once.  Once will be enough.
  20. I love being alone. I don't get to do that very often.
  21. I love the beach.
  22. I love the mountains.
  23. I love hiking - don't get to do that any more - as my hiking buddy (husband) can't see very well.
  24. I love a great big thundery, windy, rain storm.
  25. I am wild about snow storms - 2 feet or more is heaven. 
  26. My favorite season is winter.
  27. I had cataracts in both eyes repaired in my early 50s - early onset cataracts inherited from my father.  To this day I still marvel at the clarity of my repaired vision.  I remember how poor it was before.  I truly appreciate the gift of sight.
  28. I hate my neck and chin area.  If I was ever inclined to have something fixed, that would be it.
  29. There is nothing I hate more than throwing up! Oh, I abhor snakes.  I guess snakes are worse than throwing up.
  30. I love silence!
Done!  Don't know how many of these were "interesting" but at least I got to 30 (I had doubts!).

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great list! I would have a hard time writing one for myself, but I totally agree on 6, 11, 12, 19, 20, 21 and 30!

Michelle said...

I think we would enjoy being neighbors. ;-)

Retired Knitter said...

Oh yes, I have thought that myself several times.

Retired Knitter said...

You know it was harder than I thought.

Paula said...

I hate winter and snow. I love summer and sunshine and heat! And I am horrible at forgiveness also.

Lynne said...

I enjoyed your 30 interesting facts . . . I am a winter, two feet of snow person too . . . Must be a marathon of these happening in our blog world . . . Fun to read . . . I wonder how many actually "do" them . . .

happyone said...

I knew a lot of these about you already but you surprised me with number 15.
I think I forgive too easily.

Noofy said...

You're a better teacher than you know. I've learned so much from reading your blog over the years. For that, I thank a teacher.

Sandy said...

I see we've got some things in common. Had to laugh about liking a clean house, but not liking to clean....with ya on that completely. Far more interesting things to do in life besides dusting. Like winter when I was a kid, now I can't wait for it to go by by.
Playing Catch up with the June Challenge

Anonymous said...

A really great list. I got to know you just a little bit better. :)

Empty Nest Insider said...

What an insightful list! Like you and Sandy, I also like a clean house, but hate cleaning! It would be horrible if a snake slithered into your house, and you threw up on it!

Julie

Unknown said...

That was a great post. I would not be able to come up with interesting things without embellishing a little. LOL
# 15 was interesting. The older I get the better I am at forgiveness. I would rather feel peace than be right. We never truly know the other side of the story. I am always the devil's advocate. HH gets mad at me for that. Can't help it, nurses training you know.
QMM