Once I knew my eating life was going to change and center mostly around a plant based diet,
- ... and once I found a way to control my disappointment that this would be forever,
- ... and once I recognized that my body had already been evolving in that direction anyway,
- ... and once I accepted the time involved to develop a library of meals that were good,
- ... and once I adopted the idea that I would need to do more cooking (!!yikes!!),
Yeah ... once I got passed a few little bumps in the road - I decided to change up my approach. After all, what we enjoy in life is frequently influenced attitude ... and I had to 'go find me' a different attitude!!
I started with YouTube videos because they were cheap (free) and I could skim through various feeds quickly (‘cause not everyone out there is good at this, you know.) I don’t know how many videos I started then skipped before I came to an almost hour long video called:
Fresh Start! An Intro to Plant-Based Eating for Newbies
|In the picture on the right - the two ladies in the Yoga pose - Ann, the mother, is on the right.|
At the time the book was published, she was 88!
- Eat nothing with a face: Well ... if you are plant based, that is an expectation, but in social situations I'll be flexible just to be polite. That shouldn’t happen often. This is about diet choices, not cult obedience! One animal protein meal now and then won’t undo months of plant based eating.
- No eggs, no dairy: Hmm .... I eat eggs or egg whites every morning. If I start my day with anything else, I am hungry at 10:30 am. I'll listen to my body for now and keep to my routine. And no fat plain greek yogurt is a healthy choice in almost every other diet. It will remain in my diet occasionally.
- No oil: I can drastically reduce my oil intake, but minimal olive oil will stay.