Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Martians Have Landed

Brain Slug

That is what I am knitting. Actually 2 of them! One for my son and one for his fiancee.

No really! Here are the pictures.

One for him.


One for her.


It is an actual pattern.

I don't make this stuff up!

I knew when I began this project using the unpleasant, cheap, squeaky acrylic yarn that made my hands hurt because it wouldn't give on the needles, ... I knew I had to do something different with the second one. Yes ... female. Easier to add some bows and a ruffle, than to add gonads.

And when I showed this pattern to the folks in my knitting group ... some said "cool".

COOL??

Really??

While I was on knitting break did the martian pods come down to earth from outer space and inhabit every one's brains? Or was everyone just so happy to see me knitting again. They would have said "cool" to anything I knitted.

(You wanted to see the stitches up close, right?)

For years I have waited for my son to say,

"Mom, can you make me a sweater, or a pair of socks, or a scarf."

Years, I tell you.

And when he finally forms the words in his mouth ...

"Mom, can you make me a ..."

He finishes the sentence with ...
"Brain Slug"

Really?

*sigh*

Do you think this is a test? Do you think I passed?

If anyone out there responds "cool," I will know just how far the martians have invaded my world!

I wonder what he will ask for next.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute....I love the Mrs...
oh yes, and COOL.

Retired Knitter said...

OH NO! Not you too, mybabyjohn!!!

:-)

Knitty said...

Hey, if a guy can't ask him mother for a brain slug, who can he ask? Lol!

Anita said...

Ah, there's nothing like a mother's love...

Anonymous said...

You are having one heck of a busy day. Thank you so much for all your comments and thank you for having me on your list. I really missed you when you took your break.

Chatty Crone said...

So cute. sandie

Noofy said...

Love the Brain Slug! If it didn't hurt your hands so bad, you could probably sell those for stocking stuffers. I know I'd buy one!