Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for a Copper Countenance


Lame ... I know, but I loved this copper leaf face the moment I saw it on the side of a neighbor's house. I took this picture a year ago and just never found the right time to use it.

Guess this is the right time to use it!!!
:-)

It is such a life-like face that I am often drawn to it on my walks. The eyes seem to follow you, seriously watching. The lips look like they could speak ... not too thin, not too generous. The nose is so perfectly formed.

A little less brow and a little more chin would make this face perfect, but ...

A serious face - not threatening.

Just a gentle warning that "Cooler weather is coming ... prepare".

It is the face of fall!





19 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, I can see the attraction.

Unknown said...

i love it too! it really does draw you in! :D

Grammy said...

Hi, I like the face, too. It reminds me of some of the characters one reads about in the fairy tales.
Ruby

Anonymous said...

The leaf faced man is wonderful! I've seen them in catalogs and I want one. Totally appropriate for the Challenge!

Linda said...

LOL, since being hooked on "Game of Thrones" All I can think is .....winter is coming!

Marta Szemik said...

The face looks so real, it's scary, but beautiful.

Mary Aalgaard said...

I think that Copper Face is clever and creative!

Play off the Page

Laurie said...

Cool item and cool photo. I am doing Places I want to visit for my A to Z Challenge.

Take a look at http://lauriefowler.blogspot.com

Laurie Fowler

Golden Eagle said...

That's a really interesting face. It looks like a Green Man--only not green, of course. :)

I'm a new follower/visitor from the A-Z Challenge.


The Golden Eagle
The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I like that face. Glad you brought it out. I'm trying to visit all the blogs in the A-Z Challenge.

farawayeyes said...

Love the face!

Brenda said...

I laughed at my thoughts after your first sentence...thinking you helped yourself to it!
I've never seen anything like it. Interesting.

Lynn Proctor said...

such an interesting reaction to this face, i love it!!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Nice choice! And nice to meet you.

Teresa

Jessica Ferguson said...

It is beautiful in an errie way. I don't konw that I could have it in my courtyard-and have to walk by it each day. You're right--those eyes do seem to follow. Then again, there looks to be a little sadness about it.

Anyway... love your post!

Anonymous said...

It is a cool face. Although depending on my day I might get creeped out if I felt it was watching me.

Julie DeMille said...

It looks like it's straight out of a movie. I love it.

g-girl said...

i like that copper face too! very cool.

Unknown said...

I have this very thing!! I love mine, too! :)