Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Authenticity Shawl

The second shawl I am working on is called Authenticity.  The first picture shows the finished project as shown on the pattern.  This is another pattern that can be made bigger by repeating the 16 line pattern any number of times or by adding to the garter trim.  I plan on making this one a bit bigger as well.  


The yarn I am using is Berroco Lustra is which is 50% wool and 50% tencel.  As a result it has a shiny appearance.  The picture below is closer to the true color of the yarn than the succeeding pictures.  But even so, the gray threads in the picture below seem to be 50% of the color - when they are not.  It has a more deep purple pink look to it.  Maybe when the shawl is done, I can take a picture of it out doors in natural light.


The picture below is provided just for comparison - they don't look at all the same when they are exactly the same ball of yarn.  Lighting is so important when trying to capture color.  I hardly ever get it right.


Here is my progress knitting Authenticity.  As you can see, it will require very strong blocking to bring out the pattern.  Also, this pattern is not the most difficult lace pattern I have ever done, but it does need your attention while knitting.  I am always counting the different sections to make sure I have the right number of stitches before beginning the next row.  I try to be so careful, but mistakes happen more frequently than I would like.  So far I have caught them at an early stage.  I will be very glad to get to the lower garter boarder where I can relax and to worry about counting sections.



1 comment:

lyndagrace said...

Wow, that is a beautiful shawl. I see you are using markers to help keep track of the pattern. That helps me when I'm working on pattern repeats. But like you said mistakes happen. If I am working on a complicated pattern, I use a life line after I've made sure a section is correct.