Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Week After

The townhouse was my top priority.  We had a week to get it prepped for sale.  Much to do.

I made trips each day to collect stray items that were overlooked.  But when I arrived on Monday I was met with a sign post sticking out of my front yard ... no sign yet, but that fast the post was up.  It was a bit jarring.



Wednesday was a long day.   Replacement carpeting in 4 rooms was scheduled.  Paint touch up and an alarm repair also was on the agenda.  Another car load of "stuff" came back to the condo.  I should be good for paper towels, cleaning supplies, extension cords and flash lights for a few years.

By the end of the week a cleaning company was scheduled.  The only emotional pull was when I stopped by the townhouse to pay the cleaning crew.  I walked in and the house smelled wonderful - not like my house at all.  :-) That was good.  In talking with the crew chief she said I had a lovely townhouse.   I looked around and realized one more time just what I was leaving.  That was not good.  I made my quick good byes, and thank yous, and left money, and exited quickly.

It was a busy and tiring week, but the house was finally ready for its pictures, a movie (yes, a movie!) and brochures.

The house was ready.  I wasn't as ready.


3 comments:

Una said...

This has been a lot of work. The saving grace is that you didn't have to do it all on the same day. Where I live it is common to say goodbye to one house and hello to another on the same day....no going back for cleaning or forgotten items etc. Maybe a clean break is a good idea, or maybe not.

Paula said...

Ah it is sad! But soon you will be settled and make your new place home!! Not many people stay in a home so long anymore. My grandchildren have lived in over 20 places in their short lives. I wonder if they will ever have an emotional attachment like we have!

happyone said...

I've never had a professional clean my house. : )
I'm sure it won't be long before you'll have attachments to the new place as well.