Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Little Red Riding Hood


When I began knitting this child's sweater for Esk
I didn't mean for it to be tagged to any fairy tale.



But after I completed knitting it, and after I picked the clasps for it ...





I couldn't help thinking about the little girl with the red 
cape who goes into the woods to visit her grandmother ...



... and who defeats the big bad wolf saving her grandmother.
Haha.

Esk is only 7 month old now - and hasn't shown her 'warrior' side yet,
but we all know it is there ... inside every female ...
just waiting for the right opportunity to make its presence known.



In the meantime, I am clothing her in love to make her strong!

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

So beautiful! Great job!

Linda said...

Can't wait to see the cutie pie in this! The clasps are perfect!!

Michelle said...

LOVE your words to go with the photos of a gorgeous piece of clothing!

Susan said...

It's lovely!

Lynne said...

Lovely . . .
Weather is cooler here, frosty some mornings.
I hope we get to see “little nugget” in this
Little Red Riding Hood hand knit gem!

Cynthia said...

I just love this little red sweater, especially the clasps. Can't wait to see a photo of the little one all bundled up in it and looking like Little Red Riding Hood!