Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Problems Commenting AGAIN!

I can't believe I am experiencing this problem again.

Problems commenting started before Christmas.  I noticed when visiting others blogs:
  • if a blog use "Embedded" comments, I could not leave a comment easily - meaning that it did not recognize my Google Log In and I had to leave my actual named and Web Address.  So I typed in my name and my website and sometimes it confirmed my comment was received and sometimes it didn't and sometimes it left a message and sometimes it didn't.
  • if a blog used "Pop Up" comments, I could easily drop a comment on their site.
The last time this happened, it was a problem with my browser in Safari Privacy Settings.  Once I fixed that, all commenting problems resolved.  My Safari Privacy Settings are still set correctly. So this is a new problem and I don't know if it is me or Blogger that has the problem.

Has anyone else who uses the browser Safari noticed this problem?  Is there a fix?

!! Frustrating !!

So if I haven't commented at your blog in awhile, that is why.

Has anyone else noticed problems?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

YES! I'm having problems on many blogs; so frustrating!!! But not on your blog (happily); wish I knew what causes this on others!

Leigh said...

The embedded comment feature seems to do this often, and I would have thought they'd have fixed this problem by now. The last time it happened to me was with Chrome, after it updated. Sometimes it happens after I tweak my blog. I encourage everyone to use pop-ups for obvious reasons!

Marie Smith said...

I switched from embedded to pop-up which I did like. It works though.

A :-) said...

I did a little research on this and apparently it's been a problem with Blogger for some time. Is it possible for you to try a different browser? I don't know if that would help, it's just an idea.

happyone said...

No problems with commenting for me.
I use Firefox.

Wendy said...

I don't seem to have any issues either. I use Firefox and embedded comments.

Seeking Serenity said...

changed mine to pop-up because of your post here :)

M.K. said...

Thank you so much for helping me get this fixed on my blog! I only have one other blog friend (who doesn't use blogger) where I have to enter my name/email and my blog address, every time I comment :( It does make it a bit more laborious.

Lynne said...

Guess what has been working for me!
All of a sudden my comments seem to be connecting
rather than sending my comments through email.
Let’s see if it works . . .
Let’s see!