Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Making Space #2

For some reason I am unable to confine myself to any kind of structure, rules or regulations.  It is a pattern that seems to be developing the older I get.  At 73 I am become more emboldened to miss deadlines and resist expectations ... finding them to be uncomfortable like wearing tummy slimming panty hose over a tummy that refuses to be slimmed.   

No, I am not at the "breaking the law" stage or anything ... at least not yet!  🤣 Joking of course.  Truth: I am not breaking the law, and Truth: I wouldn't admit it here if I did, and Truth: I might want to try that sometime - you know, like jay-walking or something. Ha!  But Final Truth: I am not going to do something really stupid.  I am not totally insane ... at least not yet! 🤣 !   

Anyway, back on topic - if there is a deadline I am definitely going to miss it - even if I made the deadline myself!  And that is what I am doing weekly with my Making Space posts. Missing the deadline. Going forward - I am participating but the posts will just be ... well ... a surprise!    


You see I had these decluttering items ready for a post for the last 2 weeks.  They sat in a bag near my table - technically still in my house but waiting for the "decluttering ax" to fall right after I posted about them.  


There are 11 items here mostly going into the trash but the children's cloth books will go to the thrift store along with the shorts that don't fit (for the same reason I don't wear tummy slimming panty hose) and a tee shirt that shrunk upon washing or my breasts grew or I gained weight.  (I like option #1.)

With this post 21 items total have been discarded.  


 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twenty-one items are a good start. More than I’ve done for sure.

Take care.

Leftycrafter said...

You do you on the Making Space. I think that is the best way to do it. I am taking a break from it for the next 2 weeks because.....well, life happens. And, if jay walking is going to be your "big" crime, don't do it infront of the police station lol. Also, I love your thoughts on the shrinking clothes and tummy control items. I have reached the age where comfort over rides fashion!

Michelle said...

I'm not keeping a count, but I AM getting rid of stuff slowly but surely. My 'pajama drawer' and the under-bathroom-sink cabinets have more space now, for instance. I hate adding to the trash, but I am throwing some stuff away. Otherwise MY HOUSE becomes a little landfill!

happyone said...

I've gotten rid of everything I want to. : ) I like to have some stuff around the house. Makes the house warm and cozy.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Terra said...

Resist expectations. I like that. I say obey rules that make sense. I am a senior citizen and recall the bumper stickers that said "resist authority." Isn't clearing out and decluttering a freeing sensation?

Lynne said...

Are we related . . .
Geeeezzzze . . . I have great plans but I don’t seem to carry through.

Dinner for two for us today, no matter if you are cooking for two or twenty two.
The clean up is a MESS!

I was getting silver out for our twosome dinner and right then and there I
cleaned two drawers in the hutch. Nice break although it delayed dinner a bit!

Eleven turkeys trotted through our yard TWICE today.
They are a nuisance, wonder how I can ship them to you!l
Maybe Amazon . . .

I am thankful and also tired!
Happy Thanksgiving Evening!