Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Through My Care Giver Eyes - Waiting

Waiting.  Thinking.  Remembering.  Sleepless.  Sad.  Numb.  Waiting.

Waiting while my mom takes that last step in life, by herself, without my help, to let go of life.

I wait so that I can take a last step as a caregiver ... and finally let go of this woman I call my mother who I have cared for and loved with all my heart.

I am not ready to let go ...

... but she is.

Waiting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you. Such a hard time. I'll be thinking of you and sending caring thoughts your way.

Laura said...

Oh... My heart aches for you...
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

A Day in the Life on the Farm said...

Hang in there. I am sending prayers and hugs your way.

Terra said...

So hard. Waiting. I send you a hug.

Bica said...

Very sorry to hear this...I know it's not easy. :(

Julia A. McCready said...

Thinking of you. You have been a wonderful caregiver.