Saturday, April 30, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
- Blood to your body
- Flour to bread
- Candy to Halloween
Thursday, April 28, 2011
(Posted on May 1 for April 28, 2011 - A to Z)
So the letter X was a bit of a challenge. For days all I could think of was "X marks the spot". I resisted but finally decided, why not!!
- What is said upon finding your target has been marked out.
- Derived from an X on pirate treasure maps.
- The phrase was put into common usage by the British army, who performed executions by marking a piece of paper with a black X and positioning it on the heart of someone sentenced to death. The acting officer would say "X marks the spot" and the firing squad would shoot the X.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
But I will catch up at some point.
For those who pray, please keep my mom in your prayers.
Her spirits are very low and they haven't been able to fix her problem.
- The first thing I am going to do is identify 5 postings I want to share on May 1st.
- Then I am going to take my 1000+ blog links and continue to check them all out. I have been struggling to keep up with what I have. No time to check out others. Will do a little of that in May.
- And then I have to keep up with the blogs I am following.
- And I have to do May posts.
and then I am starting my 2012 list. As stuff occurs to me I am going to create the topic list so I am not scrambling again next year. There is going to be an A to Z April Blog Challenge next year right?
Gosh, I haven't finished this year and I am already worried about next year!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- Quaker - interesting topic but would take alot of research.
- Then I thought Queen - like in Queen for a Day (the old TV show) - but probably 75% of my audience would know what the heck I was talking about.
- And then there is Quest. No. Not inspiring.
- Briefly I thought about Questions - since I was questioning what to write.
- I had almost settled on Quarantine. But that also died a quiet death.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
The Versatile Blogger Award
Gosh, this is really something.
I really wanted one - but now I have two.
This was awarded by JL Dodge at Dodge Writes.
Thank You, from the bottom of my heart!
Check out this blog.
It is great fun!
It is official!
My head has gotten
I just measured.
Just pretend you don't notice it!! :-)
Monday, April 18, 2011
- Where were they born?
- Where did they live during their life?
- Where did they live at the time of their death?
- Where did they go to school and what degrees did they attain?
- What did they do professionally?
- What awards did they achieve?
- What hobbies did they have?
- Who survives them?
Sunday, April 17, 2011
- Do you read every one's blog?
- Do you comment all the time?
- If you get behind do you delete or just wait until you have more time ... say a week to catch up?
- How much time do you spend on blogging each day - the whole process: creation, reading, commenting!!
- Do you do something I haven't mentioned to keep from drowning?
Saturday, April 16, 2011
- My husband had his full eye sight and could drive. We could hike and enjoy the outdoors.
- Mom was able to think and function on her own. She didn't need a caregiver.
- Broken family relationships were whole.
- I wasn't pre-diabetic.
- My grand-dog meathead wasn't epileptic.
- I vacationed and spent holidays with my extended family.
- I could sleep through the night without interruption.
- My husband still has sight.
- We have a happy and healthy marriage despite the extreme pressures of the past year.
- My mom is still alive and living with me.
- I have a wonderful family generally - better than most despite recent losses.
- I have my health.
- My adult kids are part of my life. They are successful and happy.
- I have friends and family that have been there for me ... and not just when things are going well.
- Meathead's seizures are finally - after many years - controlled with meds.
- My son is engaged to be married to a beautiful and caring woman who fits our family perfectly.
- I have more wonderful bullets here - than in my nostalgic first list.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- I loved the job (the responsibility, the people, the work, the challenge).
- I did nothing but the job (no hobbies, no fun, no time, no nothing).
- I lost perspective in the job (no boundaries, no limitations - job, job, and more job).
- I lost compassion and understanding in the job (My way or the highway!).
- I changed to someone unrecognizable in that job (b*tch, comes to mind).
- I didn't eat well or sleep well with the job (No time. It was job, job and more job.)
- I burned out in the job (I resigned without another job lined up.)
- I survived the job (Because I quit - sometimes you just have to say "uncle" and move on).
- It has a start, a middle and an end. I needed more of that in my life at that time.
- It produced a final product. In the beginning my final products were pretty terrible. :-)
- It had a mediative quality to it. Knitting long stretches of the same stitch results in a lot of time for pondering other things and relax the mind.
- It was a thinking-person's hobby - complicated stitches and adjustments for fit can take a lot of focus and planning.