It seems the thing to do - to reflect, to look back, to evaluate what went great and what didn't ... and then to plan for the next year. Some things went well and some things went poorly.
Enough said on that topic!
In years past I made lists of goals. Even then I avoided calling them "Resolutions". Resolutions seem so confining, so serious, so much like a vow or something. My goals were typically related to my current passions - knitting or walking. They were specific, detailed and numerous. I had lists of projects I planned to complete: names of patterns, specific yarn, specific colors. There were usually 12 to 15 goals. I'd start with 30 and then cut them down. I never completed all my goals.
This year I have "hopes". I see hopes as a step down from goals - and goals are a step down from Resolutions! Hmm ... a "stepping down" pattern here.
- I hope to have good health for me and my family.
- I hope to have more time with my husband - just him and me. I think we lost that this year.
- I hope to spend more time on my hobbies and less time sitting in hospitals and rehab centers. I did that 3 times this year. I am pretty sure mom feels the same way too.
- I hope to walk more.
- I hope for world peace. Ok, that was a bit ambitious, but what the heck. While I am hoping, I may as well stick in something that would benefit others - you know, just in case there is a Genie reading this and granting wishes. I'd hate to miss a golden opportunity because I wasn't inclusive enough. :-)
- And I hope that 2011 is kind to everyone.
I will work towards these "hopes" this year. And maybe if 2011 is kind to me, I will have more energy for stepping back up to "goals" in December 2011.
See ya' in 2011!