Actually that is simple truth for me - no list, no focus. List making is something I do without thought - just like breathing. Do I accomplish everything I write down? No. But it shows what is important in the end. Unimportant things just slip from day to day - and sometime disappear.
Over December I gave quite a bit of time to thinking about 2018 crafting: knitting, crochet, spindle spinning and, maybe this year, a needlepoint project. Those items fleshed out they look like this:
- Red hoodie for my grand daughter - almost complete now - for next Christmas
- A cable sweater for my grand nephew - for next Christmas
- A knitted toy for my grand daughter - for next Christmas
- A summer something for my grand daughter.
- Baby blanket for my grand daughter - because a knitter who does not create a baby blanket for her own grand daughter is in conflict with the knitting gods.
- A sweater for myself - using some wonderful yarn I purchased for Christmas 2016 - this to-do will not slip off my list.
- Another shawl - with beads - for my daughter-in-law.
- Another shawl - with beads - for my daughter.
- Spindle spinning still calls to me. I have several spindles and many wonderful options regarding fiber. Creating the yarn will be the full goal - not what I plan to do with it.
- During the 1980s I did a number of needlepoint project and enjoyed it greatly. Now as my son and daughter-in-law prepare to welcome a daughter into their world by creating the nursery, I feel very inclined to create a needlepoint picture for her room. I am actively looking for a needlepoint canvas of a dragon or wizard to match the theme of the room. Selecting the canvas and the yarns and working on the actual project will take some time - probably ending in a finished project some in 2019.
So this list of things is stored here on my blog - so next year at this time I can see just how many are achieved.