Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Thank You

Thank you for the kind comments and observations to my most recent post.  

I am kind of stunned that my regular readers all commented.  I kind of expected that some would have moved on to other more active bloggers.  

I have a camera full of pictures, taken with the idea of sharing - so I guess that means I am not quite ready to stop blogging.

  😂😂😂

I did make a discovery recently.  Looks like Blogger has finally deleted all my “email subscriptions” to the blogs I follow.  Don’t know when it happened, but I don’t get hardly any notifications in my Google Email In Box that a blog post has been published, and as a result I have missed a number of your postings.  Blogger warned us that would happen long ago and when it didn’t happen to me I just ignored them.  I am in the process of rebuilding my “follow” list on Blogger where I create my blog posts - in the Reading List option.  Truthfully I would love to put my blog on another platform, but I just can’t stand the thought of starting over and leaving behind this archive of blog posts.  My caregiver journey with my mom resides here and although it is buried deep in the past history of this blog, I know it is there even if it is no longer seen by anyone other than myself.  That experience was 8 years of my life and it is a major contributor to the person I am today.  I sometimes check back and remember - look at the pictures and generally just “visit” with mom ... so here I stay.

Working on other posts.  Be back soon.

Elaine

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Blogger loves to change things up on us. I too, have thought of switching platforms. Like you, I just can not abandon this blog after more than a decade. Too any memories.

Becki said...

Glad you were happily surprised you still have a following, Elaine. I'm not surprised. You have a way with words, and are quite the story teller. I'm glad you're feeling like continuing blogging. I look forward to your pictures and your tales. :)

Marie Smith said...

I am in the processing of updating family info from the early days on my blog. I am going to have the family info posts printed, then delete them from Blogger.

Michelle said...

Blogger's Reading List works very well for me; I hope you can make it work for you. And hey, I've never heard of anyone having ALL their regular readers comment, so you are special indeed! (Yes, you are!)

M.K. said...

Elaine, I don't know if this is helpful, but I use "Feedly" as my feed-reader, and I list all my favorite blogs there (including yours). I check it every morning for news reeds (BBC or NPR, etc.), but also for any new blog posts. It's very handy to have both news and blogs on one feed reader.

I started a youtube channel, so I'm posting way more often there. Youtube is a great place to store memories too, but it adds voice and movement, kind of captures moments in real time and people too.

A :-) said...

One other thing - The changeover to Wordpress is pretty simple. My former Blogger blog is still there, I just did a final post that directed people over to Wordpress. I often go back to reference things - sometimes I even link to things on the old blog. Wordpress is easy to use and I've never regretted making the switch. Same blog, same name, different host/url. :-)