Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Creative Show and Tell


It is never planned!

Some Tuesdays when we gather, finished or near-finished projects just suddenly appear around the table of our knitting group. And if you are lucky enough to have your camera with you (I was ... ), you can capture some of the inspiring projects that just seem to hatch from no where like spring flowers.

Yesterday was one of those days.







Some create for friends - this lovely weave-it blanket is going to be a surprise for a friend (lucky friend!). It is half finished. Happy One has created many of these lovely blankets.













Some create for charity - for the littlest of heads and quilt squares for a support of the military.









Some create for loved children.


























And some, like me, try to knit when they are at these meetings, but mostly talk and visit! :-) I actually did alot of that this meeting.

One of my current projects are a pair green socks that I am knitting for me. They aren't far enough along to take a picture. I think I knit 4 rows, made a mistake, tinked a row ( tink is knit spelled backwards - un-knitting), and reknit the row - 5 rows total in 2 1/2 hours of the meeting. At this rate I should have these socks complete in ... oh, maybe 2015? :-) I am also hand-weaving a shawl for mom. I am making decent progress on that project. Pictures? Soon, very soon!





Regardless of how long or short it takes, each project is created with skilled and loving hands.


2 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely projects! It is so much fun to be part of a group, inspirational and fun!

happyone said...

You captured many great projects.
I love being a part of this group. :-)