Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, June 14, 2012

43 years ago

June 14, 1969
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Shanks

On this date 43 years ago
my husband and I were cutting a wedding cake!  
Tonight we went to Baldwin Station and had dinner out
to celebrate
 - a treat for us, since we seldom eat out now-a-days.

It was a double treat
because the wedding memories of our son and daughter-in-law
were very fresh in our minds.
They were married at this same restaurant just last month.

The weather tonight was perfect,
the food was excellent,
and the company of the man I have loved all these years
 is still welcome in my life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely....happy anniversary.

boysmum2 said...

Congratulations to you both, may you have many more together

Lynne said...

Happy Anniversary . . . Best of the best to you!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy anniversary to you. sandie

M said...

WoW! Congrats on 43! My sister was married in 1969...but it didn't last as long as yours has. My husband and I just hit 30...sure goes by quickly doesn't it!

Glad you had a wonderful eveing with great weather :)

Miss H said...

Aww happy anniversary! That's awesome :)

Amrita said...

Congratulations. Lovely photo