Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another one of those dog days

It is now 6:45 am and I am checking my email and blogs.

Need to get my walk in before beginning my day.

Today will look a lot like this:

  • Leave to go pick up Milo about 9:00 am. No, the last time I left at that time it was too late.  That darn DC traffic!  Must leave earlier, maybe around 8:30 am.
  • Get to Milo's around 9:30 am.
  • Pack that dear little boy into my car and head out to see mom - probably around 9:45 am - if I am lucky.
  • Drive north through city traffic to Sandy Spring, MD where mom now lives - get there around 10:45.  Last time I did this I pulled into mom's around 11:15.  No joke. DC traffic sucks.
  • Visit with mom for an hour - leave around 12:30.
  • Get home around 1:00 pm.  Walk that cutie, Milo. Eat lunch. Sit on the couch with the boy for 30 minutes or so.  Try not to fall asleep.
  • Leave the house around 3:00 to pick up Meathead and Grimace.  Get there around 3:30.
  • Walk those cuties at their house.  Load them into my car and get home around 4:00 pm.
  • Quickly run in the house to retrieve Milo and walk all 3 dogs - who all resist walking together in a single direction.  grrr
  • It is now 4:30 pm.  Dinner time for the mutts. Stand guard over Meathead who is the slowest eater of the 3 and make sure no one else eats his food.  
  • Meaty always needs to walk right after eating.  At 4:45 pm it is harness time for the 3 again, and do the walk-poop-pee thing. 
  • It is now 5:15 pm. Time to start our dinner.  Cook, eat, clean up.
  • Meaty is at my front door again at 6:30, because the end of my dinner marks his 3rd walk of the day.  Yep, we all harness up again.  Out the door.
  • Around 7:00 pm we return.  Time to sit on the couch and snuggle.
What the heck happened to my day?

Enough blogging.  Need to get moving.  Dogs await!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Ah yes, retired does not equal free time! Hugs to Aunt Elaine and all 3 puppies!

ipkristin said...

Did I ever mention your the best Grandma and Mom ever!!!

Cat said...

Wow! I guess I am lucky to just have one dog. (and llamas, and a cat, and chickens, but I don't have to walk them...) And I do not envy you DC traffic...
Cat

Unknown said...

Just making a pit stop on the A-Z roadtrip to say hi!

Siv Maria's blog, Been there, done that...