Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hard day for step count

12,925 steps for today!

It was a tough day to achieve a big number! 

I got a phone call at 2:30 am this morning.  And, as is typical, I didn't get back to sleep until 4:30 am.  I think my age is catching up with me.  Sleep interrupted is sleep lost!  When I was younger I could go back to sleep with no problem.  Not now.

So when I got up this morning, I skipped my Tuesday Morning Knitting Group.  I decided to spend my last precious energy of the day in a morning walk.  It was productive.  I felt pretty good while walking.

But later ... when not walking ... slump, slump, slump!!  I tried to nap!  Never happens.  I am just not a napper! I did spend some time just laying on the couch!

So the fact I made over 12,000 steps today is a miracle!

Tonight?  A "benedryl and Advil cocktail" to ensure good sleep.  

Tomorrow?  A morning walk! Yeah!!!

3 comments:

Terra said...

Like you, I don't take naps, and yes, a call at 2:30 a.m. might interrupt my whole sleep pattern. You are smart to use your energy to take walks. Me too!

boysmum2 said...

sore back at present making my steps really low, hoping all will be well soon and then I can start churning out some high numbers

Dana said...

I need to walk more. I've been trying to use the treadmill more often, but I'm finding it hard to find a good time for it each day.

Hope you had a great walk this morning!