Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, March 25, 2019

Fingers are tired

Just one last little update before the A-2-Z Challenge begins April 1st.

Oh my!

I have been busy typing and typing, and editing, and typing, and reviewing, and editing and typing some more.  I think I have reach the point I could recite some of these posts from memory.  I might have become a bit obsessive!  I have written all but 2 posts.  I am still struggling with the letter V, and I have my topic for W, but haven't written it yet.

I got past some really hard letters like U, X and Z!  I feel pretty cocky about that!! 😂. Okay - Z was a bit of a stretch (and so was X) - tying it in with my theme, but I think it works, and my Z is actually a cute way to end the whole event.  I won't share what I did.  You will have to check in on the last day in April to find out.

One thing I discovered ... writing on a single topic or theme, like this challenge is designed for - it does help you crystalize some of your thoughts.  Since my theme is Aging and Retirement - I thought this would be a slam dunk.  No problem.  Whip those little buggers out with no problem.

Well - I discovered differently.

Much of what I had to say was based on my experiences caring for my mom through her aging and eventual death.  I haven't thought about all of that since 2014.  It stirred up a bunch of old memories.  Many of them were good memories but there were a few sad ones as well.  My (strong) opinions about the elderly were formed during that 8 year period.  And my attitudes about certain topics will come across maybe a bit strong maybe.

So ... yes ... 
I will probably come across like an opinionated old person with an attitude!!  
Hahaha!
Oh well.  So be it. It is who I am now.  
No escaping it!  

Just 2 more posts to 'launch' and I am done until May 1st!!  

Celebration Time!!!





10 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I admire you writing that many posts ahead of time. Looking forward to reading them.

Leigh said...

Challenges like this are certainly challenging! I'm constantly struggling with words. I want them to be accurate, concise, and make sense! But that's a good mental exercise, I think.

Linda said...

Looking forward to all the posts! I

Michelle said...

Well, shoot. I was hoping your fingers were tired from spinning and knitting! Don't get me wrong; I so look forward to your blog posts, but all that writing and editing doesn't sound quite as fun as playing with yarn. ;-)

Retired Knitter said...

Yes, it was challenging. But I do love writing. Of course, (Michelle) I do love knitting more!! But once committed to something, I was hell-bent to complete it. What I forgot was that April wasn't the busy month - it was March that was busy.

I finally got V -done this morning. A perfect V word just popped into my head. I can't believe that I almost forgot to include the most important element of aging ...

Now onto W. I have to topic already - just need to write it.

The finish line. - for me - is within sight!!!!

Marie Smith said...

April will be relaxing for you!

happyone said...

At least you're getting then all written ahead of time but sure sounds like a lot of work.

netablogs said...

I’m looking forward to gleaning wisdom from your posts! I just signed up for the challenge but only have a couple posts written so far! It will be a challenge for sure!

Little Wandering Wren said...

You are doing fantastically, you will love the A-Z challenge, can't wait to see all your hard work!
My month could be like a game of survivor!
Wren x

Wendy said...

Well done! As I write this on the first day of the challenge I have just over half of the posts pre-scheduled. My intention was to have them all done but it just hasn't happened. I will be winging it by the end but hopefully will get there!