Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

A Repeat Puzzle

 


This is my next puzzle - The James Younger Gang offered by SunsOut Puzzles.  This is the only puzzle I kept from my previous puzzle life decades ago. It has survived many multiple downsize purgings of my belongings.   I love the picture.  I tried to find this puzzle on Amazon and it doesn’t appear to be for sale anymore. 


The first step facing me is the pieces sorting.  I typically sort by color and edge pieces first.


I first noticed these pieces are non-traditional in shape.


And the sizes of the pieces vary greatly.


And I have a box full of those oddly shaped and oddly sized pieces.  
Not sure if this will be easy or hard.  


But the sorting step is completed now - and I am committed.  

After all, how hard can it be since I have assembled this puzzle before?  (famous last words)  
There are an awful lot of solid color pieces to this puzzle - so my normal brain process of checking the pieces against the picture for general location on the board won’t work for large sections of this puzzle.  
In fact, I have specifically avoided puzzles that are a single color because I prefer using the picture side for reference as opposed to looking for specific shapes. 

This puzzle will be completed, however, no matter how hard it is because I have plans for it.



Now that I have a dedicated puzzle space, I will glue this puzzle together, frame it and and hang it above my puzzle board.  
This puzzle also will probably be the only puzzle I ever repeat. A kind of a “first” and “last” rolled into one. 


This should be interesting!

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It looks like a challenge for sure. I love the picture. Who doesn’t love a cat in a hat? Good luck!

happyone said...

Nice picture but does look like a bit of a challenge.
You do a lot of sorting of the pieces. We just put all the pieces right side up on the table and get started. Of course we have a big table and they all fit there nicely.

We'll be starting another puzzle one of these days.

A :-) said...

I often enjoy doing a puzzle again after a few years. Looking forward to seeing how this one comes out!

Becki said...

That's a fun looking puzzle. Whether it's fun or not to put together, it will certainly make a fun picture, framed and hung where you'll enjoy it.