Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Sunday, February 6, 2022

It Deserves Its Own Photo Shoot

Seriously, 
this puzzle deserves its own photo shoot.  

I do like to take a picture of my finished puzzles and I like to enjoy them complete for a few days, but this puzzle was the hardest (and largest) puzzle I have done so far.  It was only 1000 pieces but it almost filled my large puzzle board.  I even considered at one point of abandoning it - boxing it up and giving it away.  Some elements of this puzzle just were not fun.  After all, who would know if I didn’t finish it.

Oh that’s right.  I would know!

So here I am in February showing it off (started it in December).


These individual houses and the people in the setting were great fun to do.
 

Ok, maybe the Christmas trees were a bit of a struggle.  


The houses were so beautiful.  If I had to pick one I would like to live in, I could not make up my mind.


But the sky!!!!  It was a head ache of massive proportions.  I had to finally focus on the shapes of the pieces rather than the images on the surface.


Anyway, it is done.  I’ll leave it together for a few days.  Run my hands over it with every visit.  Gloat that it didn’t get the best of me this time.   And then I will break it apart and give it away! 

10 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Good for you for not letting it conquer you. I have a puzzle that has been sitting here since before Thanksgiving. It is a hologram and only has about 3 distinct colors in it. I am about to give up on it. Only 500 pieces but only 2 shapes to the pieces. What was I thinking?

Marie Smith said...

You were determined and you did it! Yay! It is a nice one. Who could have imagined it would be so tough in places?

Wendy said...

Well done!

happyone said...

Great looking puzzle. We just started yet another one.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Kudos to you for staying to finish this puzzle as that sky and those houses would have got to me as well. But, the. i have only done a couple of much shorter puzzles because I have less patience to complete a large one.

netablogs said...

I tip my hat to you! I am not a puzzler, I've found out by lasting only 5 minutes at the puzzle table each and every Christmas!

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks a fabulous puzzle.

All the best Jan

Sandy said...

Congrats to you for getting it done. It's quite pretty, glad you took a picture. Do you ever do the paste thing to keep it put together? I know some folks do that and decorate with them.

Miss your visits.

Becki said...

"Only 1000 pieces" I swoon at the thought. You've possibly taken your beautiful puzzle apart already, but I'm thinking I'd have to gaze it for at least a few months before dismantling it if it were mine. :)

A :-) said...

Nice!! Because I do mostly Gold Box puzzles it's nearly always about colors and shapes for me. This is a beautiful picture - I'm glad you finished it! I seriously think - with every puzzle I do - that surely there must be pieces missing and I'm going to be cranky about it, until I get to the end and find that no, no pieces were missing at all :-D