Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Time to Sum Things Up

I have thought off and on about my blog and what I wanted to do in the future.  It has been a difficult decision to make after such a long run.  So many wonderful and not so wonderful memories are documented here.  It's like saying an official goodbye to an old friend. 

This evening I decided to check in and see how long it has been since I posted anything.  Mid-August 2023.  Eight months.  Gosh. I think I made a choice by default.  No activity is a decision!

I always felt I wouldn’t just disappear.  I wanted to close out this blog officially with a final post.  And this is my final post.

First let me say, I am just fine.  I am not ill or depressed or hiding some dreadful life change.  While my health is not as good as it was say ... 5 years ago - I am relatively health for a 77 year old.  I have many interests - many of which I had shared on this blog.  I see friends and family.  I enjoy books and play with Legos, work on minimizing the size of all my stuff, knit on occasion - all the typical stuff for me.  I am even branching out and exploring water color and colored pencil art.  That may not go anywhere, but it has crossed my mind many times over the years - so I am opting to do it this year. If not now, when?   I am not idle.  My days are full, and I enjoy my life.

But blogging has slipped off the radar for me - and that has been the case for a few years.  I don’t see that changing. It used to make me sad at the thought that I might close this blog down but even that emotion is now gone.  I see it as a phase of my life that has passed and other things have taken its place.

Thank you to any hangers-on who happen to find this post.  I totally enjoyed ‘meeting' you through this medium, and I still enjoy reading your posts.  I know most of my regular readers have moved on and that is to be expected.  But I wish anyone reading this all the best.  

9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Well, shoot. I for one will miss your stories about Ajay and her escapades. I wish you peace and joy.

Michelle said...

Elaine, I don't think I have taken the time to reply to your wonderful email updating A and I on your life, so I must at least respond to this post. I'm glad to hear that life goes on for you, even if it doesn't include blogging. Hopefully your email stays the same and we can keep in touch occasionally that way.

Angela said...

Thank you for all your blogging - and for taking a moment to "sign off" properly. Recently a lot of bloggers have ceased to post, and left us wondering why. I wish you well for the days ahead. 😊❤️πŸ‘

Leigh said...

I think blogging is like most other hobbies, fun for awhile and then it becomes a chore. Thank you for giving us a final post! It sounds like your life remains happy and full. I'm really glad for that! Best wishes to you too, for whatever endeavors you choose in the future.

Wendy said...

It's good to hear that you have so many things going on in your life but that blogging is no longer a priority. It is definitely nice to see a post like this rather than an ongoing silence where we wonder if all is ok. Best wishes.

Cat said...

I have enjoyed your blog, hope you enjoy the next phase of what ever you do! PS, pencil art is fun! :)
Cat

A :-) said...

Was so excited to see a post from you!!! And then saddened when I realized it will be the last post from you. Know that I have so enjoyed your blog since finding you through Michelle at Boulderneigh. I hope you'll continue to follow my blog and comment from time to time so I know you're OK :-) I have missed your words on the page but I totally understand needing to move forward in other directions. All my best wishes for whatever is coming next for you, be it pencil art, watercolors, or whatever else piques your fancy. Onward . . . :-)

Becki said...

I had not moved on, Elaine. In fact, I was excited to see you posting again. Only to be disappointed to be losing you as a blogger. But I do respect the decision. I am very glad to read that you're doing well. Thank you so much for this post. It is a very good note to end on. I wish you much happiness in all your present and future pursuits!

netablogs said...

I'm one of those who doesn't write or check blogs as often as I used to, but always enjoyed yours when I browsed through my list of favorites! Thanks for letting us know that you are signing off. All the best with your watercolor and colored pencil art. It's always fun to try new things!