But today a friend forwarded this piece of 'wisdom' to me - it is worthy of sharing. I would love to give credit to the one who wrote it originally, but that information seldom follows with the text.
Since my theme this year is 'Move', it seemed somewhat appropriate - except I plan to 'move' far more than this piece implies!
God's Plan For Aging.
Most seniors never get enough exercise. In His wisdom God decreed that seniors become forgetful so the would have to search for their glasses, keys and other things thus doing more walking. And God looked down and saw that it was good.
Then God considered the function of bladders and decided seniors would have additional calls of nature requiring more trips to the bathroom, thus providing more exercise. God looked down and saw that it was good.
So if you find as you age, you are getting up and down more, remember it's God's will. It is all in your best interest even though you mutter under your breath.
Nine Important Facts to remember as we Grow Older
(my personal favorite is #6)
- Death is the number 1 killer in the world.
- Life is sexually transmitted.
- Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
- Men have 2 motivations: hunger and hanky panky, and they can't tell them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.
- Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
- Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.
- All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
- In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.
- Life is like a jar of jalapeño peppers. What you do today may be a burning issue tomorrow.
Don't ignore this message.
This is your only warning.
Happy Thursday to you all!!