Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

It is Aja Time!!

 It is time for an update on my favorite feline.  

Aja!

She is doing very well.  She has been with us about 7 months and she has developed her own little set behaviors and habits that we can count on.

She enjoys sitting in the windows - of which she has 3 to choose from in our bedroom.  

This is a great profile shot of her.  Lovely.


My favorite picture of her so far!!

She is so beautifully marked!
She has also filled out a bit as she does enjoy her mealtimes.  She frequently
jumps on my lap, and we have even rubbed noses together.
She is also the 'door greeter' when we have both been out.
And during our dinner, she comes out and sits near by watching us eat.
I say she is visiting with us.  My husband says she is reminding us
that she hasn't been fed yet!! 
🤣


She is better now at accepting petting.  When we first got her I thought she
had a condition that causes a painful hyper-sensitivety in some cats when petting. 
 I have since changed my mind.  
She enjoys the petting so much that she simply looses control. 
(Sort of like me with pizza!) 
And how do I know when that reaction is coming?
She starts to drool!  (Me too, with pizza.)
And she starts to lick her lips!
If you keep petting after the lip smacking begins, 
she becomes so over excited she will hiss and bat at you - 
wanting you to stop and wanting you to not stop!  
Typical cat behavior.
Drooling and lip licking are her "tell."
We get along fine now that I know what to look for.


Again at the windows.  Lots to see.  She also loves that
cube she is sitting on.  It has an opening underneath on one end and often sleeps inside it.


Too bad the picture below is so dark.  It is really quite cute.  
She likes to sit on her scratching board and monitor the preparation of her meals.  
My husband does the water changing and the feeding - tasks designed to improve their relationship.
And she had become better friends with my husband!
I take care of her litter box.  

 

And she takes her meal times very seriously.  Loves wet food.


This is her position by the cedar chest that sits in the living room.
She likes to sit here and watch us while we eat.


She is getting better at letting me take her picture.  She is a beauty!




Yep!  I think we will keep her!
(not like that was ever at risk!!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She certainly is a beautiful cat. I am glad she has become more affectionate with both of you.

happyone said...

Nice to know how well she has adjusted to her new home.
That last picture is adorable - what a face!!!

Michelle said...

I love that last photo, too. So good to hear that your little 'family' has finally settled in together. :-)

Leigh said...

When I scrolled through my blogger reading list this morning, I saw your title and came right here! So glad to hear she's feeling at home now. Cats have their own unique personalities, and I love how you've figured out her communication clues. I'm with the others, the last photo is adorable.

Marie Smith said...

She is a beauty. It is great to hear of how your lives with her have progressed. I always thought she’d warm up to you!

Little Wandering Wren said...

It looks like you have passed her rigorous assessment and she looks totally at home with you. She is absolutely gorgeous!
Wren x

A :-) said...

Her markings really are unique and lovely :-)

Lynne said...

Sweet love from our pets is pretty darn nice!
And we don’t have to social distance at all!

Wendy said...

She is gorgeous!