In November I stopped walking. You know how this goes ...
walking every day,
ready to attack life.
Quit walking, of course.
OK, not normal or intelligent, but it is what happened.
Now, today I took my first walk in 5 months. Here is the blow-by-blow of how it went.
- Stepped out the door in my new expensive walk/run shoes.
- Plugged in my new audio book to keep me company.
- Weather ideal. Cool, clear, perfect.
- 100 steps out, my left big toe joint began to hurt.
(Toes in obvious shock!)
- 10 minutes later the toe pain stopped.
(Toes finally noticed the new expensive new shoes.)
- Left heel pain starts.
Heel pain in my $150 dollar shoes
and my $400 prescription orthotics??
- Pain resolves in about 5 minutes.
(I should think so!!)
- Nose starts to run. Allergies. But I am prepared. I have tissues.
- Tissues have blood in them. I have a nose bleed.
(Is this a joke?)
- Headed back home. Walking in the front door, the toe is fine, the heel is fine and my nose bleed dries up.
(Good, because I was out of tissues.)
I can hardly wait for tomorrow!
I have lots more body parts that don't want to cooperate.
PS - Not blogging. Just sharing.