Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Birthday Girl

I can't believe we have slipped into March!!

February was special - the first birthday of my little grand daughter.


Look at those beautiful blue eyes, those round little cheeks and the hint of a smile
on that cute little face!

Is she a beautiful baby or what!

More pictures of the birthday party with family.
Yes, that is a crown on her little head - and it suites her!

The food and guarding the table is Ms. Dragon!! 

She really got into her cake - or rather the blue icing!  

This is my favorite picture of her!  You can almost see the thoughts in here face!
"Grandma I am done partying now so can I just hang out with you?"
The hat has a picture of her on the front and the words "T Cake" which stands for
Toddler Cake.  We have been calling her Baby Cakes.  She is a baby no longer!

We love this little person more than words can say!

Happy Birthday, dear Eskarina!  
We just love watching you grow.




13 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh yes, she IS beautiful! Looks like a worthy shindig for her birthday!

Angela said...

She is a doll!! Happy birthday! That cake looks beautiful. My little granddaughter is about the same age and I was surprised how nice a cake my daughter made...I am totally clueless about decorating cakes. Beautiful table with delicious looking food!!

Marie Smith said...

Precious little sweetie. How blessed you are!

Cynthia said...

I think Ms Dragon has her eye on Rubber Duckie! Such a cute baby and a great first birthday.

Linda said...

Love all the pictures of Esk not only is she beautiful, she looks like some who is having such interesting thoughts!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous party Gorgeous Girl!! And the Grandma ain't too bad herself!

Lynne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE
Oh My . . , she is so beautiful . . . adorable!
I like the picture with you and Eskarina . . . cuddling . . .
And I am one who would rather see the thumb than a Binkie any day!
Loved the iced blue cupcake, crown and Ms Dragon “looking on!”

My Great Grand was a thumb gal, anything soft to touch, out came the thumb!
My daughter and I were talking about it just the other day . . .
Oakland turns five in a few weeks . . . no thumb anymore.
Not one of us ever said a word about “no thumb.”
She just stopped . . . and moved on to “five year old things!”

Paula said...

She is certainly adorable. Love her lots for they grow so fast. I cannot believe she is a year old now!! Was so good to get an email from you today!

happyone said...

Oh she is soooo adorable. Love the picture of you and her.
I can't believe she is one already!!! WOW

Susan said...

What a precious face and I love her name! I also love that cake!!! Lucky Grandma-you...

Leigh said...

Beautiful party for a beautiful baby! Ms. Dragon looks like she'd prefer to be a taste-tester rather than table guard. :)

netablogs said...

She IS a beautiful baby! Grandchildren are the best, aren't they? I have one little grandson who's almost 2 and a new little one is due to arrive in a little over a week! Found your blog while researching the A-Z Challenge :)

Wendy said...

She is gorgeous and what a lovely name! Cuddles with Grandkids are the best.