Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, November 8, 2010

Road Trip Part Three - the other stuff


The trip to Philadelphia was made with friends. We have traveled with this couple before and it is always fun.

We left at 8:30 am on Saturday morning. The trip was uneventful, but special for several reasons: I didn't have to drive. I love it when I don't have to drive. (And we still didn't have our car - they are promising we should have it Tuesday - almost a week from when I dropped it off the third time for repair). And our friends drove south from Baltimore to pick us up and then drove north to get to Philadelphia. That was a very generous thing to do.


After arriving in Philadelphia, catching lunch and confirming our tickets, we checked out Cleopatra and then the Hubble. Both shows were terrific.

Walking around, I notice they had a walk-through heart. Pretty cool. Yes, it was aimed at children, but children come in all sizes and I enjoyed walking through the 4 chambers of the heart and the lungs.







They also had a Pendulum Staircase. That was pretty interesting. I leaned over the staircase just long enough to catch this picture. I don't like heights so I was quick.











The trip home was uneventful as well. Yes, we used maps and we used GPS - thankfully that was their job. They did a great job driving and navigating.










The day ended with dinner in Columbia.
It was a wonderful day.

November 6 - I am thankful that we had the opportunity to see such important historic objects.

November 7 - I am thankful that I am a human being. Human beings are capable of such magnificent things. (Did you see those pictures from Hubble?) Sometimes we need reminders that we can do great things.

November 8 - I am thankful for friends that would ask us to go on this adventure with them, who would go out of their way to pick us up, and who would do all the driving.
































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt and I went to that Science center a few years ago, and I had the same reaction to the heart. I think I was the only adult not walking a kid through.. ;) ..and it was really cool.

Glad you all had fun!