Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A sister and a daughter

There are no pictures here. No wonderful descriptions of magnificent sights.

Just a simple recognition that without the help of my sister and my daughter, our day drip to Philadelphia would have been impossible! The peace of mind I had that mom was OK, that my sister and my daughter were here to take care of any situation that would arise ... well, to quote a commercial ... it is "priceless".

Now I am not saying that it was a piece of cake for them while I was gone. They had, in fact, broken out a bottle of wine in an effort to cope (mom can be a challenge when change is forced on her). And mom was rather un-gracious when I got home. After all, I got home at the dreadful hour of 10:00 pm. And apparently 2 phone calls home to check in that everything was ok was not enough. "So, you decided to come home" was my welcome! *sigh* But I knew in my heart that everything was OK, and it was fun to have one day without any cares or concerns.

So what could I be thankful for on this day? A sister and a daughter.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Just got caught up on all the posts about your trip - sounds wonderful! I am so glad you got such a fun day out. You take great pictures from your lap!