Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Old School Blogging

I stop in regularly to visit at Paula's Place.  She has the most interesting topics on her blog.  During the month of July she had one topic called Old School Blogging that drew me in, and so ... here we go with the big 5 of everything ....


Five things I have a passion for:
Family 
(husband, children, mom, sister, cousins, 
they would eat up all of my 5 - so they are under the big topic of "family")
My cats and granddogs
 (they are 5 all by themselves)
Knitting and related crafts
 (knitting, crocheting, weaving, spinning - again, too many to list separately)
Walking
(it is a passion but I wish I was doing it more.)



Five things I'd like to learn before I die:
How to be a more forgiving person.
How to spin wool enough to make a sweater.
How to say "no" without feeling bad about it.
How to take my pills everyday - the way they are prescribed.
How to be more quiet, separate, just "be."


Five Things I say a lot
Sh** on a stick!
Crap!
You know ...
Give me a break ...
Actually ...

Five books and or magazines I have read lately
These will have to be Audiobooks mostly.
World War Z by Max Brooks
Wool by Hugh Howey
The Stand by Stephen King
Pavilion of Women by Pearl S. Buck
Separation of Power by Vince Flynn (a series of books)

Five Favorite Movies
Ben Hur
Alien (first movie)
Aliens (second movie)
The God Father Series
Tucker and Dale verses Evil
(Seriously, check this last movie out on Netflix. It could be described as a corny bad movie.
 Probably is.
 It starts slow, but it builds to the funniest series of mishaps I have EVER watched.  
I laughed so hard I was choking and tears were running down my cheeks. Just amazing.) 

Five places I would like to travel to:
England/Ireland
Canada
Alaska (return trip)
The Grand Canyon
Hawaii
(little chance of any of this happening, but wishful thinking is allowed.)

Five people I invite to do this Meme:
I typically hate this part of any blog event or award -
the inviting of other bloggers to participate and they really don't want too.
So here is where I invite all of you to pick one of these topics
and just share it in my comments section ...
or not!
I'll still love you anyway.

Well ... that was fun.  Try it.


4 comments:

Lynne said...

Fun post . . . and I was happy to do just one 5 segment!

Things I Say A Lot

LOVE

REALLY

ARE YOU KIDDING

I LOVE YOU OVER THE MOON AND BACK

GREAT

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll go for the five things I say a lot as well:
ah nuts
how are my bubbies today
idiot
maybe tomorrow
I'm just the way God and a few extra calories made me.

Paula said...

Thanks for participating! Wasn't that fun! I would like to learn to be more quiet, just 'be' as well...

Terra said...

I like your lists and I would put family as number one also.