Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Book of Questions - Question #005

Series: The Book of Questions by Gregory Stork, Ph.d

A brief reminder of the guidelines for responses to the questions.
  • The questions are about personal "values and beliefs."
  • There are no right or wrong answers ... "only honest or dishonest ones." 
  • "Accept that conditions are as the questions describe.  Suspend your disbelief if you can."
  • "Pay attention to which ones you're drawn to and which you shy away from.  ... a question you want to avoid might be the very one you should focus on.
Question 005
#005

Would you rather watch an Olympics that 
outlawed performance-enhancing drugs
or
one that embraced them and let athletes use medical pit crews
 to jack up their performances?


I am a big BIG supporter of the Olympics being free of performance-enhancing drugs.  This event should be a true expression of what human beings are capable of achieving based on training, self-discipline, goal setting, rising above limitations, desire,  and ... well, pure grit! Setting aside the health issues of tampering with our natural performance, how would we know the true limits of our God-given talents, if we muck about with human-made "performance-enhancing drugs?"

In fact, the words "pit crews to jack up their performances" sounds very negative to my ear.  In my heart I like to think of the Olympics as a demonstration of what lies within an individual - and not what can be done to an individual by external sources.

A very easy answer for me.

Waiting ... waiting ... waiting ...

No little voice to interfere with my choice??? 

THANK GOD.  I guess threats in my previous post made an impression!! Ha!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yep, I agree that it's an easy question AND with your answer!

happyone said...

Yes, this is an easy one for me too. No Drugs.

Paula said...

YES!! That is what Olympics means to me too. No to drugs!

Michelle said...

Sports should be about who has the most talent and training, NOT who has the best chemist.

Lois said...

Easy for me too. No drugs. One of the things I love about watching children play sports is seeing how the healthy body moves I feel the same about Olympic athletes.