Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Friday, June 22, 2018

Maybe today

.... the saga of the fridge!
What can I say.

Still not working. 

Today is day 22 of living in the 19th century (that is an exaggeration of course, because I do have air conditioning and indoor plumbing. haha!)

Readers who saw my post on June 15 know the story of an expensive fancy fridge that is only 19 months old and died on June 1st.

Since that time - the repair vendor has tried 3 times to get the correct part - each time the wrong part as sent.  Supervisory staff got involved.

Today, sometime today, the right part is supposed to be installed.  Will see.  It is a 4th try after all.

The drama wasn't over for this week.   You know, first it was the commenting problems, then there was the 'wall' I am building and don't forget about my tomato plant (if you don't know what I am talking about you need to go back and catch up).  So on Monday, the elevator in my building died as well.  While I don't mind taking the steps to the second floor, 30 pounds of ice hauled up the steps every single day - well ... it just added something - at a loss for words.  ("Joy" seems like the wrong word, don't you think? 😀)

BUT the fix for the elevator is promised also for today!!

So ... maybe today I can leave the 19th century and return to the 21st century with all of you fine people!!

Really, as crazy as this month has been - I am doing just fine.  There are so many more terrible things in life.

Cheers!




14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I take so much for granted, like a working fridge. Thanks for the reminder. Hope all the 21st century conveniences are working for you today RK.

Leftycrafter said...

Oh my.......I was so hoping your fridge was working again. Maybe you will get a new one out if this ordeal! This is crazy and now ha ing to carry the ice up stairs MANUALLY. A little extra crazy for you. You are doing well to keep your sense of humor about it all. Makes me realize the daily blessi g I take for granted. Thank you for that.

Michelle said...

It added weight lifting to your cardio workout – for the low price of ice! haha

Silver in AZ said...

new to your blog; hi! And yikes, you are really having a bit of a struggle patch right now, aren't you? Hope everything gets fixed (or replaced, if need be)...soon!

Linda said...

Oh my!!!! The saga continues! Good thing you are a strong woman!

Retired Knitter said...

Hahaha! Thanks, Michelle, I needed a laugh today.

And you are the first to know - the new fridge comes Wednesday. Only 5 more days of weight lifting!!!

Retired Knitter said...

Hello and welcome. It has been a crazy few weeks. But it is coming to an end - next week.
The new fridge arrives next week - Wednesday.

Retired Knitter said...

Wednesday this saga ends - new fridge on its way.

Retired Knitter said...

yes, I will no longer take my fridge or any other appliance for granted.

Retired Knitter said...

Glad to be helpful in pointing out the good things. Now everyone needs to go into the kitchen and HUG their fridge!! :-)

Priscilla Bettis said...

I'm sure Wednesday can't come soon enough for you!

Paula said...

That is a really long time to go without a fridge.

Retired Knitter said...

You got that right!!!

Retired Knitter said...

Yes it is. And for part of the time the elevator was out. 30 pounds of ice is heavy going up to the second floor. And then about 5 days ago, I got a massive head and chest cold from my dear grand daughter. She is coughing just a little but, of course for me, it hit me hard. So now I am very sick. Ready for July 2018 because June 2018 sucks!