Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Fall - Falls Down

My Gosh!  I have seen some stunning Fall colors in some of the blogs I follow!  And thank God for those pictures that were shared, because in my area Fall has fallen on his face!

You be the judge!


A beautiful lake but low on the color scale. In past years
there were some stunning views - views that were also replicated in the reflection
on the lake.

My husband and I captured these lake pictures on one of our walks.


But the weekend before these lake pictures I had a chance to dog/house sit for my son and daughter-in-law.  I haven’t done this in almost 18 months.  My God - how I missed these dog sitting weekends.  These sweet mutts were all mine for about 4 days.  And while the colors at their house
were not particularly colorful either, they were bright with sun light.




Olivia - watching me, watching her.



The sun makes everything brighter.

The view from their porch!  I really enjoyed sitting out here
each morning enjoying a beverage.  It is quiet and private.  
Quite perfect! 

Ragnar,  laying in front of my son’s office one afternoon!  
I think someone missed his Papa!


6 comments:

Sandy said...

Would love to sit and sip and knit with you on your porch. I've always wanted a porch, but never had one. Our fall was pretty, but very short lived due to high winds and rain. So maybe next year will be better. We recently drove through WEst Virginia and they had some wonderful color, but only in about half the state, the part in higher elevations. Think we must have been a bit too early for the full color.

Do swing by for a visit

Marie Smith said...

Pet sitting is on track again since family feel free to travel. Sweet dogs!

happyone said...

Not a whole lot of color but still pretty all the same. The first picture looks like the lake in Centennial Park or is it Lake Elkhorn?

Michelle said...

Your photos are wonderful; I wouldn't know the color was disappointing without you saying so!

Leigh said...

I can commiserate because I don't have a lot of colorful fall trees where I live. So I've come to appreciate the subtle colors of autumn! Even so, I've been out hunting for color and will have a blog post of photos to share soon.

A :-) said...

We finally have some color here - but it was very late this year, and it only came after some much-needed rain. I love the shadow of you and your man :-) And the pups are super-cute :-)