Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Friday, December 10, 2021

The Heart Blanket - An Executive Decision

This is my last progress picture.  I had not yet reached the center of the blanket.

Clearly I have made progress, reaching the center and 
now decreasing.

But with only 15 days left until Christmas it is very clear that this blanket will not be finished when I thought.

Although one side matches the edge of the bed, this side shows about 
4 inches of space not covered by the blanket.  But once the edging is 
added, it will most definitely fill the top of a queen bed - up to the pillows.

It is too bad that the colors are so far off.  The center pink panel is close to the actual color but all other colors are not showing correctly.  Maybe an outside shot when I am close to finished will show better.  To give you some idea of how far off the colors are - the bedspread is green - not beige.

If this wasn’t such a busy month and I could sit for hours each day and do nothing but crochet, I could probably finish this in 15 days.  But with Christmas coming and the a list of to-dos that I have not yet touched, it is not realistic.  This weekend I need to wrap all the gifts - a task that seems to take up a lot of my time when I get going.  Next weekend (the weekend before Christmas) Eskarina will be at my condo for cookie making and a sleep over.   I need to prepare some of that cookie dough in advance so she can do the fun parts when she comes.  And although I am retired, I can’t entirely set aside things like house cleaning and laundry and cooking.  And I started a Christmas Puzzle - jigsaw puzzles are relaxing mediative activities for me, and I need to squeeze that time in as well. So there is very little chance that I can get this completed by the Christmas deadline.

I made an Executive Decision!

My grand daughter has a 4th birthday coming up in February.  Guess what will be one of her presents! I am much happier with that deadline.  


 

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Sometimes you just have to roll with reality. Good decision!

Marie Smith said...

February sounds like a much better deadline. The bedspread looks beige for sure.

We had cookie day with our three last weekend. I am wrapping presents today too, spreading it out over this next week though. At least the parcels have been mailed! Such a busy time of year!

Michelle said...

Smart move! YOU need to enjoy the holiday season, too!

Michelle said...

PS. I was half-afraid the way this started that you had decided to frog it!!! 😱

happyone said...

That sounds like a great change of plans. She will like it just as much in Feb as now. In fact there won't be lots of other presents competing. :)

A :-) said...

You really are powering through this blanket! :-)