Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

The Quilt and the Blanket

I dedicated this past weekend to wrapping Christmas gifts.  

It always takes considerable time.  

Because I am working slower now-a-days - this task which used to fill a full 10 hour day, now fills parts of 3 days.  I just don’t have the energy or desire to push through and complete the wrapping in one day like I used to.  



But I enjoy the process - and this year, at least, I will get a chance to see my family open these gifts in person.  Last year Zoom was my only option and it was better than not seeing them at all.  Man, that was a bummer.



One of my gifts for Esk is a matching quilt and sheet set for a junior size bed in the Frozen theme.  For those who don’t know what Frozen is - it is a Disney cartoon story about two princesses, Anna and Elsa,  their kingdom and their adventure.  If you want to know more - ask any kid who crosses your path.  Any kid and most adults.  Yes, it is that big!

Anyway, before I wrapped the quilt set, I had this notion that I would I open up the quilt and place the blanket and quilt together.  I did this previously as I picked the colors for the blanket specifically using the Frozen color scheme.  Now with just over half of the blanket completed this might be the last time I could catch a picture of the 2 items together. 

So I opened completely both window shades in the guest room and turned on all the lights - hoping to improve my success as capturing the colors of the quilt and the crochet blanket correctly.



And I think I did it.  The colors shown as almost perfect.  Finally!!
In opening up the quilt I realized the quilt is also quite large, so now I am very glad that I am making the blanket as big as it is.  I was a bit concerned that the blanket would swamp the quilt. Glad to find out that it won’t.


And as I snapped a few shots I made another executive decision.


I am not going to wait until her February birthday to give her the blanket.

  I will give it to her as soon as it is finished.  

They are too cute together. 

Note:   If you look at the first picture that showed the quilt and the blanket together - in the lower left hand corner the color of the bedspread can be seen. In every previous picture I took and posted, that bedspread looks a dark beige!  It is not - it is green!  It is amazing how much better natural light is in photography.


8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your color selections for the blanket are spot on. You are going to have a very excited granddaughter. I have a frozen blanket on one of the beds at my house. It was for my granddaughter's sleepovers. She is 16 now but still loves it.

Michelle said...

Yes, we generally don't "see" the color artificial light has – but the camera does!

Sandy said...

Your wrapping is very pretty. I stop putting on bows and ribbons long ago, as no one seemed to notice, or care. But, I do like a pretty package. You did really well with the colors, it looks awesome together, AND I love the pattern, can you share it?

Retired Knitter said...

Sandy, you asked about the pattern and if I could share it. You can find the pattern on Ravelry and on YouTube (video instructions). The Ravelry written pattern must be purchased and I don’t mind supporting designers for their time. On YouTube the pattern is free. And to be totally honest, her video instructions are the ones I used the most. They are totally complete. I am a knitter and I don’t always understand crochet written instructions. I will not be using the border from her pattern. I will be using a different pattern that can be found a few posts back on my blog. Hope the answers all your questions.

happyone said...

The blanket is beautiful and so is your wrapped gifts.
We just have a few gifts to wrap and Ken did it this time. :)

Marie Smith said...

The blanket and spread are gorgeous together. I wouldn’t want to wait for my granddaughter’s birthday either.

Lynne said...

No doubt about it . . .
There will be Joy . . .
Beautiful Elaine!

A :-) said...

I loved Frozen :-) Your packages are beautiful, and so is the blanket! Perfect with the Frozen quilt :-)