Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Christmas Images and a Holiday Greeting for you.

While the holiday season picks up speed - I thought I would provide proof that I don’t back away from participating.  I think of it as plowing onward a day at a time in an attempt to sweep away the memories of past Decembers, and make this December fun for those that I love.  


She needs no introduction at this point.  
My little Christmas Angel, Eskarina.

My tree as seen from my deck.

Looking at a fully decorated and lighted Christmas
tree works better for me than any meditation. 

We lost this wonderful dog in 2021 - Milo, my daughter’s French Bull Dog and
my grand dog.  What a heart ripping experience that was for both of us.  His passing
is still fresh in my mind and brings tears to my eyes even 5 months later.  It is 
amazing to me how one little dog can settle so permanently inside your heart - as this dog has.

Meathead, my son’s English Bull Dog - gone many years ago
but still much loved.

My tree has bows on it instead of tinsel.  Many years ago we switched to 
bows - cats eat tinsel, as it turns out.  You don’t want to know how I found out.
It involves rubber gloves.

Memories of my mom hang on the tree.  She made these ornaments.

An ornament commemorating Esk's year of birth. 

A Pug in a Santa suit - a nod of remembrance for Grimace, 
my son’s pug that loved me as no other has done.  Gone many years but
still fills a large part of my heart.

A package ornament that my mother-in-law put on a
Christmas gift to me - my first Christmas with her son.
   

An ornament I purchased the first Christmas my
son spent away from family in the Marines.  Another hard Christmas.

Our tree is full of decorations that hold memories.  We never went with breakable ornaments.  There are no glass balls.  After picking my tree up off the floor one year (our very first cat, Ashes, loved to climb trees), I decided that glass balls were out.  But I love the look of trees with them.  Beautiful.

Decorations I inherited from my mother-in-law.  She loved
lighted houses.

Two other houses I inherited.  The Christmas tree was made by my mother.


Her initials are on one of the packages below the tree.  
ELM for Elaine Leona Mesavage. 
Miss you bunches, Mom. 

My helper!  😀

Although it is not clear, she is trying to tie her dress to my tree. 🤣

A visit to Santa!  Socially distanced, of course.
And a big improvement over previous years - the first of which she
cried and cried.  The second of which she had a stomach virus and
threw up in the car on her way to visit Santa.
Ahh ... the memories.
😂


May you all have a joy filled holiday season,
 no matter which holiday you celebrate.  
And may you only have happy memories of past holidays
 - or at least - 
memories that don’t weigh you down.

Be back in the New Year!!

11 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your decorations are all filled with memories 9f such love. Even though those memories also bring a bit of pain, they are still filled with love. Your granddaughter is so precious. So much joy there.bbindid laugh about the tinsel and rubber gloves. Been there done that too...yuck.

Leigh said...

Oh my. The comment about the cats and tinsel made me laugh! Lovely photos. It's nice to feel joy again this year.

Susan said...

My sister puts up a tree for our mother every year and it is meditative for her (and me, when I visit). I hope your holiday is full of warmth, love and happines.

Marie Smith said...

Blessings to you and your family over Christmas. I hope you have lots of time with your little sweetie offer the holidays.

happyone said...

Your tree and decorations are all beautiful.
A very Merry Christmas to you and all your family.
God Bless you.

A :-) said...

Your tree is so beautiful, Elaine. :-) And Esk is so darling. I wish for you a Christmas with some joy - and all good things in the coming new year.

Michelle said...

For all the trauma Christmas has brought you, your place is FAR more festive than mine! I am SO glad I persisted in getting and trimming my little tree, as it turns out it IS our only tree this year. Merry Christmas!

Wendy said...

What lovely memories your decorations inspire. And your granddaughter is so cute. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

netablogs said...

Loved the post. Sorry for the loss of your sweet pug. Our little chi passed away 3 weeks ago, so I totally identify with your heartbreak. All the best to you in the new year!