Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The first day of the next 20 years

The idea of a diary has frequently entered my mind. In fact, when I first retired in 2007, I started one. I bought a very attractive book and made several entries. My goal was to focus on my past memories and to document them in some way so that they could be saved for family. The diary wasn't for me - it was for others. It seemed important. But as with other attempts at writing my thoughts, it seemed to be less important with time. I found the process to be cumbersome (writing with a pen is slow and hard to edit) and of no value to me ... so I stopped. I also discovered that my diary entries were peppered with reminders of frustrating events and the short comings of others. Not a positive or forward looking process.

This blog has a different focus from previous diary attempts. This blog is about me - my goals and desires - what I hope to do or achieve as I live the next 20 years. I write it only for me, but it is open to anyone who enjoys reading the musings of others. It has elements of a "bucket list" or a List of 100 goals -two ideas that are so popular now. My list (at least as this point) will be limited to 20 - 20 items for 20 years. And although I know some of the items that will be on this list of 20 - the list is definitely in development. It is a work in progress, just like me.

And so I start.






2 comments:

Paula said...

And here is where I will start to get to know you!

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, you really will get to know me if you start here. LOL Well, Hello!!

I just read what I actually wrote. Interesting. Maybe I should do a post between my start and where I am now in 2013.