Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Tantrum!




While standing in my PJs and robe, and drinking my morning coffee, I look out my kitchen window. My eyes do not believe the view. Is it possible that we have missed yet another snow storm here in Columbia.

I look outside my window again. Nope, no real measurable snow - just frozen stuff.

Its no secret I love big storms. Big snow storms. Big, big snow storms. And here we are in the middle January and we have only spit ... "frozen spit".

I am done with this!!

I put my coffee firmly down on the counter. I march purposefully across my kitchen floor. I open the slider door. Carefully I step across my frozen deck. I look up and raise my angry fist at the sky, saying all the four letter words that I know, ("snow" being one of them, of course) and then in a very loud ugly voice I scream:

"Frozen spit!
Really??
I am insulted!
Is that the best you have?
Can't give us a real storm!!
Totally pathetic.
D- in my book."

And then my neighbor opens his window and peeks out.

I freeze. Our eyes lock. My fist lowers slowly and becomes a wave. His eyes shift left and right, looking. My other hand pulls my robe closed. He closes his window.

I turn and step back to the house, but before I close the door, I raise my defiant fist once again to the cold gray sky.

Well, really, it was just one finger this time. I will let you pick which one. :-)

2 comments:

Mo said...

Haha, great post! Thanks for the laugh. :) I completely understand, I felt the same way... though a few hours later in the morning.

twokniveskatie said...

hahaha, i do not share your feelings on lack of snow, but i sure got a huge laugh out of your snow encouragement methods! thanks for brightening my dreary/icey/spittey day :-)