My son's girlfriend is hosting a Blog Fest in honor of her March Birthday. Happy Birthday!!!
The goal of this blogfest? Create a Bucket List!
I couldn't resist. Of course, the instructions said to limit your list to 5, and AGAIN, I couldn't follow instructions. I needed to do 10. Do you think I have problems with authority?
So here goes!!
- Visit England, Ireland and Canada before airport security reaches critical absurdity - literally stripping you down to "birthday suit" in public.
- Walk 6 to 7 miles per day like my friend Happy One - of course, it took her 25 years to do that - not sure I have another 25 years in me before I kick the bucket (oh sorry, I really need to find a way to resist that). :-)
- How about live another 25 years - oh, heck - let's make it 37 years so that I can see my 100th birthday (this is a Bucket List - I can add anything I want! Right?).
- Have enough money to live to be 100! (a seriously important point - I don't want to choose between buying yarn and eating.)
- Take a train ride across country - from the east coast of the US to the west coast - have a luxury sleeping car, great food, a comfortable chair in front of a big picture window and my knitting. Stop a National Parks. Stop at yarn shops.
- Take a Cruise - have a state room with a private sun deck. Knit.
- Sit on the porch at my cousins' mountain: knit, sip wine, walk the garden, play with their fiber toys, hike to the top of their mountain. Commune with the bears (I hear they have them.) Well, maybe not ... maybe commune only with pictures of bears. A week would do me!! I also hear they don't have many stink bugs up there - a BIG plus.
- Spend a week at the beach by myself. Scrap that! Make it a month. Knit.
- Get a part time job in a bookstore or a yarn store AND not go bankrupt.
- See a Tornado and not on TV either, at a safe distance, yet close enough to really see it but no so close that it takes away my yarn stash.