Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookies and Sun Set



Today I did the only baking I planned to do for the holiday season - chocolate chip cookies for my husband. And while the cookies were cooling, he wandered through the kitchen and commented, "Ahh, chocolate chip cookies. A sign of the season!"

The kitchen is not my favorite room nor do my favorite activities occur there. But when I am working in there I usually get a small "gift" from nature out of my window. Usually the birds entertain me.

Not this time.


4 comments:

Laura said...

Yummy cookies, happy husband and beautiful sunset. What more can we ask for? Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That's tomorrows job.

Vee said...

Hmmm, baking...I'd like to do some, though I guess that I am happily off the hook. The kitchen is not my favorite room either. I like to eat, but I don't much care for cooking. Those cookies look wonderful...are they crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside? That's how they look to me...my favorite kind!

happyone said...

Chocolate chips! Yummy, my favorites!!