Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, July 16, 2018

Beating the odds ... maybe!


Remember this beautiful plant! 


And then it was this plant - something going wrong!



Eventually it looked like this.  
Sad. 
But I let it go
 because of one lone tomato hanging on and getting red.  
I knew its days were numbered, however.




This evening I went out to pick the tomato and discard the plant. 
 I noticed - new green growth!

New healthy leaves!!

So I trimmed off all the dead leaves and branches.  
I left the tomato there as a reminder
of what its goal is - once those green leaves fill in.


Amazing!


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wonderful!

Marie Smith said...

Incredible! Just to show there is always hope!

Priscilla Bettis said...

What a tough, tenacious plant!

Sandy said...

Very cool! Fingers and toes crossed it works. It's looking like it may make it.

happyone said...

That plant is determined to grow a tomato!!