Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, February 21, 2011

Damp and Delightful Monday


Walking today turned out to be delightful.

When I left the house it was very overcast! The temperature was in the 40s. Not a bad combination for a walk, but I got no more than 10 minute out when it began to rain gently - more of a heavy mist. I considered turning back and getting on the treadmill, but the treadmill is not as much fun and I was already wet. So I motored on.

I am very glad I did.

I headed for my shopping center. I decided to walk under the overhang of the stores and around my Harris Teeter. I haven't "walked" my Harris Teeter since last summer.


This past summer I took a picture of the Grocery isle. This is the Pharmacy isle. I know you have all been waiting a long time to see this picture. If you are really good readers - and comment a bunch - next time I will show you the Produce section. :-)

Anyway, once inside the store I was sure I looked like a drowned rat. My coat was soaked on the outside and my hair (no hat) was plastered to my head. By the time I made a few swings around the store and the center, the rain had stopped. So I headed back home. It was a very different walk and longer than anything I had done this year - 57 minutes and 7496 steps. I usually walk 40-45 minutes and go 5,000 to 6,000 steps. By the time I walked back in the house I felt GREAT!! (and wet!)

As I suspected, my walking mojo is returning again and it is making a big difference in how I deal with my life. Just delightful.

Hope your Monday is the same.

3 comments:

happyone said...

I got my walk in before the rain, but I don't mind walking in the rain. You know me, I'll walk in just about anything. :-)

Mo said...

Come on, produce aisle! :D

Linda said...

I will enjoy a produce aisle picture!