Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, February 28, 2011

February be-gone!

Good bye February. It was a month marked by big, big improvements for me - but I am very glad to see it gone!

  • February was a hugh de-clutter month. Need to do more - as much as we got rid of - there is hardly a dent.
  • February was a hugh improvement in my walking. I went from walking 14 miles total in January to 31 miles total in February. Most of that was done to get rid of my mentally down state - but whatever the impetus, the jump in miles was big. And the jump in my energy levels because of the walking was also big.
  • February marked my mom's 85th birthday - and marked her return to normal health (normal for her, at least).
  • February was a hugh weather improvement month over last February. Anyone in the mid-atlantic region of the US would agree with that. Last February we counted our snow totals in feet. This February ... inches!
  • February produced the most knitting and weaving I have done in almost 12 months. Granted, I had to keep focused, but it gave me the small positive feedback that I needed periodically.
  • And finally ... February marked the start of my digging out from my mental funk, my adjustment to loss ... I have a long way to go, but big improvements. Thank God I have not lost my desire to fight back, to make my life better and to move forward!
I am grateful to February. But glad it is over.

March
Who knows! Welcome March.

1 comment:

Linda said...

YEA March! I am going to try and get walking added in to my day - I NEED it! You are inspiring me to stop dragging my feet on that one.