If you are new here, my introductory post can be found at this link. I shared a bit about who I am and why I blog.
Here is the low-down on my Give Way!!
Early in 2012 I took up weaving. I have done a number of hand woven scarves.
|The beginning of my very first weaving project!|
|Two completed scarves.|
|My last scarf was woven to match my winter coat.|
I will weave with variegated purple. This yarn will be the more prominent color. The other yarn will be the weft - and it has black, shades of purple and some hints of green in a barber pole look.
And I plan to blog about the process periodically until January 31 when the scarf will be completed. I'll show pictures as the project progresses. How it turns out will be a surprise to all of us - after doing a number of scarves, it is amazing how weaving two yarns together creates an entirely different and sometimes unexpected look.
More details about the width and the length will come in future posts - as I warp up the loom - but I tend to make long-ish scarves that are 10 to 12 inches in width. I like a scarf that can wrap around my neck more than once.
If you are interested in winning a hand woven scarf, it easy to be included:
- just leave a comment on my blog between January 18 and January 31 (comments made on the first post will be counted.)
- leave an email address or your blog site so I can reach you if you win.
- you don't need to be a follower, or even a participant in this event.
- you don't even need to have a blog but anonymous comments will not be included.
- the winner will be selected randomly - your name will be included in a basket and drawn on February 1st.
It couldn't be easier.
Thanks to all who have visited my blog so far, and a special thank you Vicki for hosting this event.