How much do you know about Piscasa Web Album
- the storage used by Blogger to house your blog pictures?
I know very little ... and I kind of liked it that way ...
In the last week or so another blogger commented that she could not find her percentage of Piscasa storage used by going through the new editor interface on Blogger. She could only find the percentage by using the old editor (which is going away soon.)
It got me thinking about how much Piscasa storage I had used up. Better check now while I still have access to the old editor.
As you can see below, I have used up 78% of my free Piscasa storage in about 2 years. Yikes!!!
Your current plan:
Now I am not totally oblivious to the limits of "free." Another blogging friend, Happy One at the Life is Good Blog, ran out of memory recently. I remember that she was offered a plan that cost $5.00 for a year.
I looked for that plan, and I found it - listed as the "old" pricing. The "new" pricing is as shown.
If my math is correct, the charge for more memory has gone from $5 a year to $30 a year. That is a pretty large jump in cost.
- I guess this memory storage thingy on Blogger is the only game in town.
- I guess when your storage runs out you have no choice but to buy more or you can stop posting pictures. :-(
At first I was upset, but after I thought it out, I decided that $30 a year wouldn't break me, and it is a small price to pay for the enjoyment I get out blogging.
But a number of questions come to mind. I would really like to hear from you.
- Do you know how much free space you have on Piscasa?
- How can you find the percentage of expended Piscasa storage using the new editor - which will soon be the only editor?
- Are you already paying for memory space? Are you paying the new rate or were you lucky enough to get the cheaper one?
- When you ran out of free Piscasa how did you know?
- Is there a "work around" to using Piscasa and avoiding this whole thing?
- What happens if in 3 years you decide not to pay ... do your currently stored pictures disappear from your blog?
- Is there another Piscasa option that provides less memory? It took me 2 years to use up 1 GB. The new plan provides 25 GB. I don't need that much memory.
Questions, questions, questions ....