Besides the fun projects in previous posts, my days were filled with dog sitting, vet visits for sick dogs, and dinner company. I most definitely was not idle during the blogging break.
I have been almost daily blogger since I began writing in July 2010. And I have loved every moment. The brainstorming of ideas, the writing of postings, getting the pictures, launching and reading the comments ... all great fun. And the social and emotional needs that lead me to blogging were met.
Blogging, however, is very time consuming. I don't know how others write, but for me it is a multi-step process. It goes something like this:
- Ah - a possible idea idea!
- Drop the idea in a draft post.
- Write free form whatever my fingers and brain decide.
- Read it - it is crap ... what were my brain and fingers thinking?
- Read again.
- Edit, edit, edit.
- Take pictures
- Organize and name pictures on my computer.
- Edit some more.
- Pick a date and "Publish."
- Edit daily until the publish date arrives (shouldn't be necessary but I still find ways to simplify, correct, fix grammar ... right up to the end).
I knew blogging was time-consuming, but when I took a break, I became so productive in the house with other stuff, I was a bit embarrassed by the time I had spent on the computer.
So the long and short of this posting is that my blogging schedule will slow a bit. I can't spend so much time on the computer.
I know that most successful blogs publish everyday, sometimes several times a day. I will try to blog 4 times a week.
We will see how that goes. And maybe I will have time to catch up on reading all your blogs as well.