Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

I am one of your biggest fans! In fact, I love all your seasons including Winter. Winter is my favorite season so you know I am not exaggerating when I say I am your fan.

Speaking of Winter!

I don't know if you have looked down from your perch lately, but Winter in my little piece of the world has not yet started! And I don't know if you have checked your calendar, but it is February!

Think about that, February!!

I am sitting out on my deck - it is 61 degrees - I don't even have a sweater on.

61 degrees ... February !!!
Doesn't that seem wrong to you?

Although no one else will tell you this ... because they are NOT a lover of all your seasons like I am, you need to "get cracking!" Send some snow. Send a foot of snow. Do it soon, because ....

YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

Sorry, I wasn't yelling. And I don't want to tell you how to do your job! But this is "sub-quality winter." This is below your normal standards! This situation is

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE !!!

No, not yelling! Just trying to get your attention! Don't want you to be embarrassed by

SUBSTANDARD WINTER WEATHER!!!!!!!

(Breathe, breathe, breathe ....)

Not yelling, really, not yelling .... but ....

(be calm, be calm, be calm ...)

Dear Mother Nature, I calmly request that you send some snow, and not just a spitting coating of snow on the grass, but something substantial that isn't embarrassing to you. A foot would be nice.

(counting backwards from 100 slowly ... and deliberately ...)

Just do what you do best - send winter! Now.

With Love and Great Affection,
Retired Knitter

PS - There will be comments to this post that request that you keep things warm this winter! They are not your true friends. Do not listen to them. Be true to yourself. Do what is correct. Do what you do best.

Send snow!
Please.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll restrain myself for your sake.

Unknown said...

I am not a big fan of winter but I do enjoy living in the part of the country where we can enjoy all the seasons. If snow does not come now, during winter time, it will come in the spring when it will really be embarrassing. Listen to your public MN. Leter go.
QMM

Deb said...

I can mail you some snow, reluctantly because we're low on it here too in the Great White North.

Linda said...

I am with you Elaine! February in NE PA - no snow and no REAL winter weather. MN, shame on you!

ExecutiveKnitter said...

Mother Nature - Please listen to her....she is right. You are losing street cred. Father Time is laughing at you.

happyone said...

I'm liking the weather just fine!!! : ) Great walking weather!!

Amrita said...

Dear Elaine thank you for your comforting messages

Just BE Farm said...

We're laughing at the humor in this!! I have to say we have enjoyed the warmer than usual weather this winter as it has been the first on the farm and the critters have been very comfortable, no frost bitten combs on the chickens, or frozen water buckets to speak of. We have had lots and lots of snow...we had to go to Telluride to get it...just a thought..Haha. We wanted to thank you for stopping by our blog and for the warm welcome to blogging. Your pups look pretty lucky too...our next post will be about our three bullies...stay tuned... and we'll be following you along as well.

~Bobby & Eric~

Empty Nest Insider said...

Maybe you could compromise and settle for six inches. I'm enjoying our mild winter, but would rather have it snow now than in May. Julie

Carolyn said...

I seem to remember that last year we had a pretty hard winter and way too much snow. For me all's right with this weather. Mother Nature does a great job balancing it all.

Sherry Ellis said...

Yes, Mother Nature seems a bit off this year. I wonder what's up with her?

Elizabeth said...

I've really missed the snow:(
Seems like the years when I'm prepared with snow boots and gear for everyone are the years when we get no snow.
I agree, time is running out! I'm not a fan of snow in March-

g-girl said...

It has been a strange time for all the seasons in general. Although I do have to say that I did like having some summer like days but it was weird having them occur during wintertime. Who knows what Spring and Summer will be like..