Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, May 17, 2012

PhD - Pass!!!!


Passed!!!
I know I said I would be back after the wedding!
But we just got word that our dear daughter-in-law-to-be just passed her Dissertation.
I had to share that wonderful news!!

My husband and I couldn't attend.  The process seemed to take up most of the day in Baltimore.  With the rehearsal dinner preparations underway and my son's dogs being left home alone for many many hours, we decided that it would be better to stay home, finish our prep and baby sit the dogs so that Matt and Mo had total freedom  ... no sense worrying about getting home to walk them.

So we will see them this evening for pizza and beer!

And if your are wondering what the screen shot of her dissertation says (courtesy of my son who was there), it says ...

Identifying a novel A-Kinase anchoring domein
 in chromodomain helicase binding protein 8.
By Maureen O'Donnell, B.S.

Yeah!  I had to read that title a few times myself before I understood it! 

:-)  LOL  :-)

Even when she explains it I don't understand!

Have I mentioned that she is smart as well as beautiful with super woman tendancies?

My son is the luckiest man on earth!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...congratulations to the bride....great job. I can't even pronounce that title let alone understand it.

M said...

Congrats to the new Dr!
What a fun filled week ")

Unknown said...

There is an award for you on my blog.

Knitty said...

I haven't a clue what the dissertation was about, but I know it represents a lot of work. Congrats to her and best wishes to all with the wedding!

Dihiwi said...

Congrats to your daughter-in-law. What a great accomplishment. Help her celebrate her special day!
www.dianeweidenbenner.com

Linda said...

YAY MO! Today is a stunningly beautiful day - perfect for the wedding!