Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Dearest Daughter


How do you describe a daughter who is the best daughter in the whole world?
No sense challenging that statement.
I have done a look-around, and I know alot of daughters
and my opinion is indisputable!

Today is her birthday. I won't announce her actual age, females usually hate that. She is a daughter, a friend, a confidant, a joy, a beautiful and caring person, a Frenchie Mom, and so much more.

In fact this year, a most terrible year for me, this year she was also my crutch. Children shouldn't have to take that role in your life (at least no so early in life), but she did for me. She's been here most weekends helping me cope with the life I now lead. I look forward to her smiling face, our late night talks, her hugs, her grandma sitting, her advice ... without her, this year would have been unbearable. How do you adequately thank your daughter for that kind of support?

Remembering her birth years ago ... it was an easy event. Second c-sections usually are. She was a happy child and easy to raise. The biggest problem of her childhood was that she didn't sleep through the night until well past a year. I remember waking every night between 2 and 3 in the morning, dog tired, and she would greet me with a great big smile on her face, standing in her crib with her little arm hanging over the side, swinging her baby bottle around by the nipple like it was a toy - just as happy as she could be to see me. She had a Gerber baby face and an easy personality.

And she was a cuddler! From the moment she was placed in my arms, she snuggled close. And she was always close to me growing up. Despite having experienced many bumps in the road of her life, she still has an affectionate and giving nature.

When I recognized my son's birthday last September, I made many observations of what parenthood is like and how I would do it all again. The only idea that captures the scope of what it is like to have such wonderful children in your life is ... "Completely and Forever."

Your children completely steal your heart ... forever!

Nothing ever changes that.

Nothing.

Happy Birthday my dearest daughter!
If I had a 100 daughters,
I would still love you best!!

Completely and Forever!!

Love, mom
xxoo

5 comments:

ipkristin said...

If dad was a polygamist and I had 100 mothers, I'd still love you best as well! Haha, no really your the best mom in the world and all my wonderful traits are because of you and dad! Thank you for making Matt and I the people we are today, only a little dyfunctional ;) By the way, you can share my age. 25 isn't a bad age ;) LOVE YOU!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Anyone who's a friend of Karen's is a friend of mine. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!

DebD said...

happy birthday to your daughter! What a lovely tribute to her. My youngest son was 10 on Thursday.

Linda said...

She is a wonderful, beautiful person (as are you}! I love the toddler picture! Hugs, Linda

Empty Nest Insider said...

I'm sorry I missed this the first time around! This is a lovely tribute to your daughter! Pretty picture of both of you! Julie