Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pleeeaase take my button!

Before you can blink your eye, I changed the look of my blog again. Actually, I did have help from two fellow bloggers ...

It all began with a "button" quest! I wanted to be button-enabled! What is that exactly? Check out the right side of my blog and you will see a button that says "My Next 20" with red flowers. That's my button and I want you all to take my button and put it on your blog. Yes, it is shameless self-promotion, but isn't it cute? Don't you want my button? Of course you do! :-) Once the button is installed on your blog - it looks pretty there too. And then if someone clicks it, they are directed by to my blog ('cause its all about me, you know - LOL).

Anyway, back to the journey ... so I asked Chatty Crone, a blog friend ... how do you get one of those button thingys? If you haven't seen Chatty Crone's blog, you should. She most generously shared the name of a fellow blogger who might be able to help. That blogger is Diane at The Blue Ridge Gal Blog (who, by the way, has a wonderful deer and fawn video you must see.) And Diane spent time putting together a suggestion for both a header and a button! Can you imagine? I am just drifting by her blog making a request and she went to work!! It is an example of how friendly and generous the blogging community is.

And the rest is history! It started with a button and it resulted in a new face to my blog ... and a button!!

And I am thrilled with it. This new face is cleaner and not so busy. And it is more personal.

Thank you Diane. You are the best! I love my new face!

It is like a face lift!

Wow, Diane, I just had this crazy thought!

Do you do other face lifts ... to faces? I could use one of those too!

Happy Blogging Everyone ...

... and take my button ... please!!

:-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done!! Love the new look.

g-girl said...

wow, it looks great-especially the header! now how did you get it to that size?

Laura said...

Love, love, love it! And I will take your button!!

Noofy said...

I love your new look, then again, I loved your old-new look with the green too. I like what you like, IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU!! I saw a blog with all buttons, they all led to different blogs. Not sure if it was Chatty Crone, don't remember. What a coincidence, I asked for help on my blog today. Hopefully, you can be the friend to me that Chatty Crone and Diane were to you if you pay a visit to my blog today.

Chatty Crone said...

Isn't she nice? And I am taking your button!

Julie Flanders said...

Wow, I totally love your new look! The pictures in the header are fabulous. Great job! And the button is great too, I've wondered how to get those myself.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could do the other kind of facelift.... I'd place own face at the top of the list!

Glad to put a smile on another blogger's face!

Di