In keeping with my recent "looking back" posts - I just want to make a few unsettling observations.
Looking back ...
- I think the weather generally has gotten hotter, colder, more bazaar, and more extreme in the last 15 years or so. When looking at the historical ebbs and flows of the earth we inhabit, these changes are not the most extreme in its history. But, since earth's geologic and meteorologic changes occur very, very slowly - over thousands and hundreds of thousands of years - it is a bit disconcerting to be aware of changes that span just 15 years!!
- Red and Orange Air Quality Alerts are a relatively new phenomena - probably in the last 15 years or so. I don't remember having problems breathing during the heat of summer prior to the early 1990s. Maybe it is because I am 20 years older, but I doubt it. I don't remember TV and radio cautions being broad casted to the public telling the elderly and young children to stay in doors prior to the 1990s. I figure this isn't just about how my 64 year old body is reacting to the atmosphere.
- I do not believe that any one scientific group is any more in the know than another group of experts on what is actually happening to the weather. I do believe that the scope of our human scientific knowledge on our earth and its atmosphere is infantile compared to what we have left to learn.
How much of this current situation is man-made and how much is part of a natural earth cycle of change is the subject of much public discussion. But I do know that the earth's cycles are not in tens of years ... tens of years are just micro seconds in the earth's clock. So something is different ...
Makes you wonder.
So lets hear from you. Which camp are you in?
- Mankind made this mess so man needs to fix it.
- The Earth is cycling through climate change. Us little peons need to stop being so full of ourselves and adjust to what Mother Nature has delivered.
- I think it is a mix of both.
- I have no idea. I just hope my air conditioner doesn't break.
- Other - explain yourself!